Addiction — ASAM Level 1 Treatment
Has alcohol or drug use been causing problems in you or your loved one’s life? Medlock Bridge Counseling Center in Johns Creek offers ASAM Level 1 treatment and evaluation in a comfortable, discreet and compassionate environment.
Addiction is a serious illness and can ruin health, relationships, careers and finances. Recognizing the problem is the first step to recovery. One of the best ways to determine if you have an addiction problem with drugs or alcohol is to talk to a trained counselor. Medlock Bridge Counseling Center offers ASAM Level 1 treatment and evaluation options to the Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Duluth, Suwanee and surrounding North Fulton / South Forsyth Communities.
If you or a loved on has been arrested with substance charges, Medlock Bridge Counseling Center can help you with the process. We specialize in providing court-ordered and court-related evaluation and treatment services in the State of Georgia.
Medlock Bridge Counseling Center’s professional counselors use a variety of clinical approaches in working with individuals and families struggling with addiction and substance abuse issues.
Causes and Consequences of Addiction
We believe that alcohol and drug addictions typically are a condition caused by a more involved underlying problem. We help our clients identify, understand and manage the source of the underlying problem before it gets to be life threatening.
Poor behavior choices made under the influence of alcohol or drugs might have consequences that may be a lot worse than expected, which may include some or all of the following:
Loss of finances, loss of friends, loss of job, loss of respect, and humiliation and shame, legal liability, loss of freedom, loss of health, loss of life, and the list goes on.
Do you have a problem with drugs or alcohol?
- Do you drink alone when you feel angry or sad?
- Has your drinking or drug use made you late for work?
- Does your family worry about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you forgotten what you did when you were drinking or using drugs?
- Have you promised yourself you would stop and didn’t?
- Has your drug use increased since you first began using?
- Do you need drugs or alcohol to get you through situations or social events?
- Have you missed school or work because of drinking or drug use?
- Do you ever feel guilty or bad because of your drug or alcohol use?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may have a substance abuse problem. It is important that you seek help and more information. There are many resources available to you including 12-step programs, books and online support.